Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Paris, France (Day 3 & 4)

After saying goodbye to my mom and brother, I tagged along with the Cummings for a nice visit to the Luxembourg Garden. The Garden was filled with an array of statues, a palace, miniature horseback riding, a pond for miniature sailboats, tennis courts, a playground, and so much more. While my cousins played with the toy sailboats, Marcia and I scoped the property for notable statues, including the statue of liberty! It was an exceptional day with a touch of childhood magic.

Ella and Rachel with toy sailboats
Aunt Marcia & Statue of Liberty
For my last day in Paris, Marcia and I visited the French Holocaust Museum: Memorial de la Shoah. It was very moving and incredible to see France admit to their wrongdoings. After seeing the museum, we went to the Galleries Lafayette shopping mall, then had lunch across the street. Later that evening, I took my cousins for dessert at the Eiffel Tower while my aunt and uncle enjoyed a much needed date night. Paris was one of the most beautiful cities I have seen, and I am sure I will be returning one day. "J'aime Paris" (I love Paris).

Memorial de la Shoah

View from Galleries Lafayette  

Delicious Caprese Salad 




No comments:

Post a Comment