Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Paris, France (Day 1)



Bonjour from Paris! For the first half of my Spring Break vacation I was fortunate enough to be with my family. Just a week before, my mom and brother, Ian, came to visit me in Spain. After showing them Madrid and Toledo, we flew to Paris to visit our relatives. My uncle Jack was given the opportunity to do a sabbatical, so he, my aunt and cousins, are traveling Europe over the course of 4 months! My family and I were very lucky to have them welcome us into their beautiful apartment (which I must mention has the Eiffel Tower right in their backyard)! Our first day in Paris started early at the Musée du Louvre, where it is a necessity to say "Bonjour" to Mona Lisa. After visiting the art museum, we had a magnificent lunch at the Palais de Louvre. To complete the day, we visited the Catacombs. The Catacombs are underground ossuaries in Paris, which hold the remains of about 6 million people in a small part of the ancient mines of the Paris tunnel network. It was very eerie, but gripping to see such a great deal of exposed bones. 
Musée du Louvre
Musée du Louvre
Lunch at the Palais du Louvre 

Catacombs



No comments:

Post a Comment